GieSound.nl

01 November 2011

finally...

I've been way 2 busy lately. Besides my normal work I also spend a lot of "free time" on the Lorrainville project (scroll down to read more about that).

But I've also been involved in some other projects:
  • Recorded, mixed & produced a special X-mas track for The Medics

  • Finished recording & mixing the Tarball album. I am so happy with the results; this a very ass-kickin' loud & in your face record. It pumps like a MF and the band has a unique style that makes it hard to compare them 1on1 with another band. If you put Deftones, Alice in Chains, Metallica, Chevelle and A Perfect Circle in a blender you get Tarball :)

  • I'm also halfway recording the debut album for Firetrip. We recorded the first few songs last year and since then there were some changes in the band. With the new lineup we recorded all the other songs. All drums, bass and guitars are recorded and we will continue with the vocals real soon. Everyone that likes bands like Nada Surf, Wilco etc should keep an eye on these guys.

  • Have been working with Laura Estévez  on a cool single. It will stay on the shelf for now, since Laura is working her way in the "voice of holland"

  • I mixed two more songs for brand new & upcomming star; Stefany June. She is a young German singer-songwriter with fresh electro pop. Her characteristic voice, self-penned songs and the eclectic sound choices give it a very unique and original sound! These two songs will be on her EP together with two songs that I mixed a couple of months ago.
    Not famous yet, but I see a nice future ahead!

  • Also helped indie-rockband Swelter with some recordings for their 2nd album. Once all the recordings are done I will also perform mixing-duties :)
All for now,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!